K9 Advantix II Dog: 12 Month Supply
K9 Advantix II delivers pest protection through topical action. It protects against fleas (flea eggs AND larvae), ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies, and lice. It combines imidacloprid and permethrin with insect growth regulator pyriproxyfen, which interferes with the hormone signaling of molting insects so that fleas in immature stages are unable to molt. K9 Advantix II is for monthly use on puppies (as young as 7 weeks old) and dogs. DO NOT USE ON CATS.
- Repels AND kills ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes
- Repels biting flies
- Kills Lice
- Kills ALL life stages of fleas. Prevents development of fleas, flea eggs, and larvae
- Kills fleas within 12 hours of initial application. Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours
- Protects against ticks that may transmit organisms that can cause: Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasmosis
- Waterproof- continues to work after a bath or weekly swimming (for optimal results, use a non-detergent shampoo)
- One application lasts for a month
- Can be used on puppies as young as 7 weeks old
- Has easy-to-follow application instructions on the back of every package
Over 55lbs: Blue
Includes 12 applicators
Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly to two to three spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. Monthly application.
Length of Effectiveness:
Under normal conditions, the product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
46.76% other ingredients
Active ingredients work synergistically:
The combination of imidacloprid with permethrin exerts a unique synergistic effect on the arthropod nervous system that is greater than either ingredient alone. Each compound acts on a different receptor area of the nerve cell.
- Imidacloprid: (nicotinic receptors) irreversibly opens nicotinic receptors on postsynaptic neurons, resulting in constant neuromuscular stimulation, spastic paralysis, and death
- Permethrin: (sodium channels) causes prolonged sodium ion exchange across neuronal membranes, resulting in constant nerve discharge followed by spastic paralysis and death
- When both ingredients are combined, the neurotoxic stimulation is greater than that seen with either ingredient alone