Ista Water Plant Professional CO2 Supply Set
Get the right blend of style and functionality with the Ista Water Plant Professional CO2 Supply Set. Its offers the most reliable function of stopping back flow with the help of the stainless spring design check valve. In addition, the air tube bursting is avoided thanks to the fastening node. The aluminum CO2 flow regulator provides easy assembling, constant and reliable CO2 dosing rate.
- Stylish design brings additional elegancy to any aquarium set up.
- Features a seamless aluminum CO2 cylinder.
- 2 in 1 CO2 diffuser provides clear CO2 bubble reading.
- Unique top quality ceramic promises delicate CO2 diffusing effect.
- Contains a CO2 controller with a build in solenoid valve.
1) To assemble the supporting base as illustrated (A), hold down plastic hook and attach it to either of the two openings. The diameter of CO2 cylinder will determine which opening is best suited. Place the CO2 cylinder in the support as illustrated. (B) To protect cylinder from tipping over and damaging the controller.
2) Before installing the controller w/solenoid, make sure on/off valve of the cylinder and the controller are off (closed). Thread the controller to the cylinder and HAND tighten it only. (C)
3) Cut the CO2 hose to your required length and connect it to the controller, check valve & bubble counter, and diffuser as illustrated (B).
4) To connect the CO2 hose to the controller as illustrated (D), unscrew the nut, the CO2 hose connects through the nut. Then screw the nut back to the controller, which will prevent the hose from loosing from the controller.
5) Open the bubble counter & check valve, fill it up with water and then close it (Hand tighten). Make sure the check valve is connected in the right direction. Follow the triangle on the check valve to find the inlet and outlet connection. Push the hose all the way to the end of the fittings. Turn the fastening node clockwise and hand tighten to secure the tubes to prevent CO2 from bursting out. (E)
6) Connect the ceramic diffuser as illustrated (F). Place the diffuser inside the aquarium. (Maximum CO2 diffusion is achieved by placing CO2 diffuser at the bottom of the aquarium). It is common to see bubble clogging around the diffuser during the initial use. After 24 hours, this will disappear.
7) After all the components are installed as illustrated (B), plug in the solenoid (flash indicated when operation) then turn on the on/off valve (keep it on), slowly open the controller w/solenoid until you see the bubbles released from bubble counter. Adjust the bubble rate as required. The initial recommendation is 1 bubble per second. Tips: To automatic control the CO2 dosing via plug in the solenoid with timer. Purchase ISTA timer which provides two individual timing setting. Plug in one for the solenoid and another for the lighting. Set up the timing of solenoid one hour earlier than the lighting, (The photosynthesis occurs immediately during this period) Thus, saves CO2 and makes the photosynthesis more efficient. (H)
Aluminum CO2 cylinder is refillable; please consult a CO2 refilling station. (Do not refill it yourself). How to take off the solenoid from the CO2 cylinder? Turn off the on/off valve of the CO2 cylinder and release the remaining CO2 by open the controller, then hand loosing the controller from CO2 cylinder. (Do not use any tools). NOTE: WHEN REFILLING CYLINDER, GASKET (included) MUST BE USED BY PLACING IT OVER THE CYLINDER VALVE!
1 Cylinder (1L) full weight pressurized CO2 liquid 1 cylinder supporting base 1 CO2 regulator 1 CO2 bubble counter 1 CO2 diffuser 1 flexible tube