The Eheim PhosphateOut filter media has various functions. The media helps trap dirt and floating matter in the water, and performs biological conversion or chemical alteration of the water. This chemically-effective phosphate remover is soaked in a ferrous compound used for chemical filtration. It binds phosphate to iron and helps to remove it from water circulation.
• Free from harmful substances
• If the level of phosphate in the water increases, remover must be replaced
• Single use only
• Also reduces the content of phosphate, and inhibits the growth of algae in the aquarium
• Suitable for both fresh and marine water
• Expands in water, therefore lightly rinse, not wash, before use
• Must be changed after 3-6 weeks
Do not use with activated carbon. Chemically influence the pH value and water hardness.