Defender® 1200 Denier Turnout Blanket 200g
Defender blankets are designed with a snug neck, deeper fit, lower drop and seamless back to provide the best defense against rain and weather conditions. Now available in sizes to fit ponies, horses and warmbloods in a wide range of body types for any breed. Exclusive paisley design features solid color drip line, bindings and surcingles for a fun fashionable look. Build your own blanket group by selecting a pattern and a solid to make blanketing your horse easy.
- 1200 Denier Rip Stop Nylon Outer Shell - Provides Heavy Material Strength and can withstand minor bites, rubs or pulls and is recommended for daily or continuous turnout for horses with access to run in shelter.
- 200g Polyfill - Provides medium weight warmth and protection from Wind and Rain.
- 70 Denier Poly Cotton Lining - Prevents rubbing and helps to keep the coat shiny while preventing hair, shavings, and straw from sticking to the inside of the blanket.
- Waterproof - Teflon® coated out shell with taped seams and seamless spine repels water to keep your horse dry.
- Breathable - Designed to allow moisture vapor to pass wick away from the horse and preventing sweating while retaining body heat and repelling outside coldness.
- Heavy Nylon Binding - Double sewn to secure material and provide additional durability.
- Reinforced Stress Points - Double Sewn with additional reinforcement to help prevent tears.
- Fleece Wither - Helps provide protection from rubbing.
- Open Front Double Buckle Closure - Velcro Secure with double buckle front straps featuring rust resistant stainless steel hardware.
- Action Shoulder Gussets - Allow for freedom of movement and help to prevent shoulder rubbing.
- Low Cross Adjustable Surcingles with T-Lock Fasteners - Provide easy adjustability to ensure proper fit and easy on/off.
- Removable Elastic Adjustable Leg Straps - Help to secure the blanket and prevent from shifting from side to side.
- Tail Cover - Double stitched tail cover ensures tail flap stays securely in place.
- Name Tag - Included on the inside front left.
- Measuring Instructions - Stand your horse as square as possible, measure from the center of chest around side of the body to the point of the horse's rump just before the tail. If you horse ends up measuring between sizes always round up to the next size to ensure full coverage.
- Washing Instructions - Machine wash with cold water – Gentle cycle with mild detergent. Air Dry or Machine Dry/No Heat
- Horses Turned Outside without Shelter - Turnout Sheet and Blanket materials are waterproof and designed to keep your horse dry, however if your horse is turned out in a field without a run in shed or shelter during prolonged rain or heavy downpours your horse may still get wet especially in the neck and tail areas.
When using a blanket or sheet it is critical to monitor the fluctuating climate and temperatures even with a blanket that is waterproof and breathable. The wicking properties of a breathable blanket are designed to wick away normal body heat, when a blanket is too heavy the heat and moisture cannot be wicked away fast enough causing your horse to sweat. The temperature and the length of your horse’s coat will determine what weight of blanket you should use. For this reason, most people who choose to blanket horses have several articles of horse clothing that offer varying levels of warmth.