API PondCare pH Liquid Test Kit
Today's savings: 46%
Ships to Canada
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals PondCare Wide Range pH Test Kit
Quickly and accurately measures the pH of pond water, reading pH levels from 5.0 to 9.0. Makes 160 tests. Prevents the harmful effects of too alkaline/too acidic pond water resulting from minerals found in tap water, high ammonia levels in the pond, rain runoff or overstocking of pond fish. Includes test solution, glass test tube w/ cap, color chart & instructions.
pH is the measure of acidity or alkalinity of water. A pH reading of 7.0 is neutral, a reading above 7.0 is alkaline, and a reading lower than 7.0 is acidic. Many factors can significantly alter the pH of pond water. Acid rain will lower the pH to 6.5 or less. If the carbonate hardness (KH) level is low the pH level will swing up and down over a 24-hour period. Water with a high KH will usually have a high pH. Aquatic plants and algae remove carbon dioxide from the water during the day. This causes the pH to rise above pH 8.0 in the day then fall at night. These fluctuations are normal and will not harm pond life. Extremes in pH, however can stress fish and plants.
A pH of 7.0 is considered ideal for plants and fish. Many species of aquatic plants thrive at a slightly acid pH while koi and goldfish prefer a slightly alkaline pH. Therefore, an acceptable pH range is 6.8 to 7.6.
· Performs about 160 tests
· Quickly and accurately tests for pH levels from 5. 0 to 9. 0
Performs 160 tests
Directions for use:
Read thoroughly before testing. Do not allow Test Solutions to get into aquarium.
To remove childproof safety cap: With one hand, push red tab left with thumb while unscrewing cap with free hand.
1. Fill a clean test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
2. Add five drops of Indicator Solution, holding dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops.
3. Cap the test tube and invert tube several times to mix solution. Do not hold finger over open end of tube, as this may affect the test results.
4. Determine the pH reading by matching the color of the solution against those on the pH Color Chart. The tube should be viewed against the white area beside the color chart. Color comparisons are best made in a well-lit area. The closest match indicates the pH of the water sample. Rinse the test tube with clean water after each use.
The Pond Care® Wide Range pH Test Kit can be used to test the pH in ponds and water gardens and tap water.
items in your cart
Don't Forget These Accessories